Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Original Post, Monday, May 21 (facebook.com/livelovelifemusic)

facebook.com/livelovelifemusic
The making of "Is This The End?"

Thought I would share a little on the making of the song. Just to fill you in, I've completed about fifteen songs as "rough cuts." They're called rough cuts for a reason. :)  I never stop writing. It's an ongoing process. I string a set of songs together.. then choose from that "set" of songs to record demos. I'm very excited about sharing more songs for all to hear.

"Is This The End" was written around a piano piece I thought of while cooking. I recall hastily making my way to the back bedroom (where I record), .. & spending four to five hours piecing it together. I was never content with the chorus.. & changed it up three to four months later. Once I changed the chorus, I could really FEEL the emotion. After that, I never grew tired of it.  

The song leaves an unresolved result to the listener by asking "Is This The End?".. & never completely answering the question. But for the hopeful, .. hope is given at the end of the second verse .. where it says "But thinking back at all the times we shared.. reminds me of the past and how we dared.. to pick up all the pieces.. and wipe away the tears."

This song demo was recorded in Berkeley, CA by Garth Webber and Pamela Polland. Both are wonderful to work with & super talented musicians. The amazing part is that this song traveled from my home in Atlanta.. all the way to Hawaii (where Pamela lives).. and back to the mainland in California. Now it's reaching folks all over the U.S. !! This concept is just remarkable. 

The next "song demo"  will be completed within the next few weeks. Stay tuned.. & KEEP THEFAITH! .. ;-) .... s

No comments:

Post a Comment